Baptism is one of the three sacraments of Christian Initiation (along with Confirmation and Eucharist), through which Catholics are incorporated as full members of the Church.
- Baptism is the foundation for the Christian life;
- gives sanctifying grace, that is, God’s life;
- gives the baptized a new birth in which he or she becomes a child of God;
- cleanses people from original sin and any personal sin (older children & adults);
- incorporates members into the life, practices and mission of the Church;
- prepares them for worship and is necessary for the salvation.
Baptisms are arranged by appointment. They take place during or after Sunday Eucharist.